Trump Damage Report – 11/1/2017
Jumping the shark with Fox, a miner rejection, cut cut cut no matter what, Manafort’s offshore options, Trump apoplectic, fog machine of the right-wing media, Russia coverage morale drops, historians debunk Kelly’s Civil War take, politicizing tragedy, and pizza mogul whining. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Wednesday, November 1st, 2017.
- In the reaction to the Mueller investigation, Fox News has officially “jumped the shark”, Mediaite reports. The Trump Propaganda Network that is Fox decided to air segments about emojis instead of covering the news of the indictment of his campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and top aide Papadopoulos.
- Awaiting the comeback of dirty coal via Trump, miners are rejecting retraining, Reuters reports. I’ll take massive mistakes for $500, Alex.
- Trump wants to name his merciless gutting of the nation the “Cut Cut Cut Act”, ABC News reports. Countless citizens are expected to suffer as a result of the vicious cuts to domestic funding of health care, education, pollution controls, and housing.
- A publicist says that Trump’s campaign manager Paul Manafort wanted to pay him for Ukraine work via offshore accounts to make “way more money”, Business Insider reports.
- Inside the West Wing, Trump is apoplectic as allies fear impeachment, Vanity Fair reports. ITMFA.
- “A giant fog machine” describes how the right-wing media has obscured Mueller and other inconvenient stories, Vox reports. A “safe space” for Trumpist Republicans and their ilk, where no bad news about the dear leader will reach, and facts are optional matters.
- “I want to quit”: Fox News employees say their network’s Russia coverage was “an embarrassment”, CNN reports. The anonymous Fox News employees quoted sound awfully similar to Shep Smith.
- Historians have responded to Trump’s Chief of Staff Generalissimo Kelly’s Civil War remarks calling them “strange”, “sad”, and “wrong”, The Washington Post reports. The Civil War was about a lack of compromise. One side demanded slaves, the other side demanded freedom for all people. There could be no compromise.
- Trump claimed that he “turned West Virginia around” by cutting regulations on mining, which The Washington Post debunks as a flat-out lie.
- Trump blamed Senator Schumer for the terrorist attack in New York, to which Schumer has fired back “I guess it’s not too soon to politicize a tragedy”, The Hill reports. Trump famously had no policy response to a white guy gunning down 500 people in Las Vegas. A guy in New York runs over 8 people in New York and Trump has issued a call for a crackdown on immigrants.
- Democrats have filed new impeachment articles against Trump, The Hill reports.
- All the Murdoch-owned outlets have begun to bash Mueller in unison, Politico reports.
- Trumpist Papa John’s CEO John Schnatter pulled advertising from the NFL after the anthem protests, and is now complaining that the NFL lead to profits cratering, ESPN reports. Better ingredients, better pizza, more whining snowflakes.