Trump Damage Report 2/23/2017
Locking up Americans for easy dough, potty policy (again), nuclear ignorance, congressional cowards, and the annual meeting of the Ignorant, Tight-Ass Club. Batten down the hatches for another daily Trump Damage Report for February 23rd, 2017.
• Jeff “Ku Klux Keebler” Sessions put an immediate stop the Obama-administration phasing out of private, for-profit prisons in the United States. The private, for-profit prison system of the United States boasts the largest incarcerated population of any world nation, as well as imprisoning more people per capita than the regimes of China or Russia. Private prisons donated heavily to the campaign of Trump.
• Coincidentally, Trump’s first budget draft includes a massive gutting of legal aid to those who cannot afford a lawyer.
• Pyramid Scheme Heiress Betsy DeVos defends the revocation of restroom protections for transgender individuals, calling it “overreach” to allow people to potty. For the better part of this week and last, the Trump administration continues to focus heavily on where people can pee. No word yet on whether or not the airheaded Sekritury uf Edyoucayshon has been able to enter a public school for the first time in her life.
• Trump wants to expand the United States nuclear arsenal and jump-start another cold war. Trump either does not know or does not care that America currently possesses enough nuclear warheads to annihilate the entire surface of Planet Earth. The United States has 6,970 nuclear warheads which are better, faster, and more efficiently designed than the 7,300 that Russia has. For reference, a nuclear war involving at most 100 nuclear warheads would obliterate the human race as a species and make Earth uninhabitable.
• At the annual meeting of the Ignorant, Tight-Ass Club (aka CPAC), Trump cheerleader and actual literal for-real Nazi Richard Spencer was kicked out. Spokespeople for CPAC indicated they don’t want anything to do with white nationalists and the alt-right.
• After which point, President Bannon was a featured guest speaker and told us that “If you look at the opposition party, and how they portrayed the campaign, how they portrayed the transition and now how they’re portraying the administration — it’s always wrong.”
• Also at CPAC, conservative activists in attendance do not believe that Trump is spending significantly more on travel than Obama did, despite all the facts. Vox investigates and offers up first-hand encounters with those attendees dwelling on alternate planes of existence where reality is optional.
• In response to the massive outpouring of civic activism in response to Trump’s egregious trampling of the U.S. Constitution and other basic principles of our republic, Arizona Republicans have put forward legislation to allow the government to seize property from anyone attending a protest rally if the protest turns violent. This way, by having a single operative at any anti-Trump protest to turn things violent, the entire assembly becomes an illegal one subject to confiscation of personal property.
• Louie Gohmert, a living, walking, talking caricature of what you might think a Republican Congressman might sound and look like, has said that he won’t hold town halls any more with constituents since he is deathly afraid one of them might have a gun and might try to kill him. This coward follows suit with other Republican cowards who have gone missing en masse from town halls across the nation – and for some reason don’t live up to the idea that perhaps he should come to the town hall armed. As the paraphrased NRA talking points go, the only one who can stop a bad guy citizen with a gun is a good guy congressman with a gun. Lock and load, Louie.
• Hacked phone messages reveal that former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort faced a blackmail attempt regarding his labyrinthine and shadowy connections to Russia, Russian intelligence, and Russian oligarchs.
• Politico reports that Congressional Republicans are expected to bury a legislative attempt to discover what massive connections exist between Trump and Russia, to look into any business conflicts of interest, or to further investigate the actions of the Traitor Flynn.
• The National Rifle Association, which coincidentally has the largest lobby in the world in the same exact same developed nation with the highest homicide rate per capita, declares its support for Trump in a “counter resistance”, citing they will protect Trump against the “forces that conspired against him”.
• Michael Moore has provided a “How to Stop Trump” list, pocket edition. We strongly encourage you to read it, follow it, and share it with others.
• A woman at a town hall with a dying husband asks Republican Congressman Tom Cotton what kind of insurance he happens to have. Cotton, along with Trump and other Republicans, are seeking to repeal Obamacare without a replacement.
• At that same Town Hall, the crowd erupts with cheers when a voter confronts the Congressman, and introduces herself as “not a paid protester.”
• The Washington Post goes to great lengths to lay out in detail how Trump is about to completely sell out the white, middle-class base which elected him.
• How long do you think a Muslim woman would last in the current White House? The answer is 8 days. Rumana Ahmed stayed on the National Security Council for 8 days into the Trump administration, during which she was made to feel deeply unwelcome. She left after the events surrounding Trump’s Muslim ban took their toll on her ability to continue working in the same building as the architects of that piece of unconstitutional drek.
That’s all for today – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share. Tell us what you think in the comments!
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.