Trump Damage Report 2/26/2017
Frothy mix pipes up, Lil’ Marco hides, Chelsea preps, a vet’s dad passes, oblivious intelligence chairs, and Spice swipes twice. All this and sadly, a lot more, in your daily Trump Damage Report for February 26th, 2017. Duck and cover.
• According to Rick “Frothy Mix” Santorum, millions of Americans are scamming the honest, benevolent, innocent health insurance companies by being covered despite pre-existing conditions. The GOP is currently working on its Obamacare repeal efforts, which Trump is expected to sign.
• A New York Times op-ed by Nicholas Kristof tells Trump Voters, Your Savior is Betraying You. He lists the promises Trump has made, lays out the shell game that Twitler is playing with what he says and then does, and how none of this is even remotely what Trump voters actually want.
• Senator “Little Marco” Rubio (so named coined by Trumpster during the primary), is a pathetic coward when he tells Politico that he won’t go to town halls because his constituents will “heckle and scream at me.” Lil’ Marco is best known for being a thirsty fellow who loudly opposes Trump cabinet appointees that he then votes for after checking his bank account for their gracious contributions. He is expected to continue being a spineless, feckless coward and a microscopic wimp who complains about a job he barely does at taxpayer expense.
• The amount of yellow on fully display by Trumpian Republicans mortified that their constituents might be upset with them for backing the plans of Hair Fuhrer is apparently a bridge too far for former Governor Chris Christie. In a Washington Post article, Christie tells Republican lawmakers to suck it up, and “You asked for the job. Go do it.”
• Chelsea Clinton may run for office, spurred on by the actions of Trump and a family-inherited inability to recognize political reality. The New York Post lays out the signs in piece today titled “God help us if Chelsea Clinton runs for office.” Chelsea is married to a hedge fund manager, and has creative amnesia when it comes to healthcare plans during democratic primaries.
• Melania Trump, who lives in a golden tower at taxpayer expense far away from the walking torment that is her spouse, is expected to be on-hand at the upcoming Governors’ Dinner at the White House. Mrs. Trump is expected to be taking an active involvement in the planning of the dinner, when not visibly cringing in revulsion at the touch of her husband.
• NBC News reports that Trump’s approval numbers continue to crater, and now stand at just 44%. This is record-breaking, as there have never been such low ratings for a newly inaugurated administration. No one, not no one, in the history of anywhere has there ever been. You’ve never seen, such bigly drops in approval, I tell you. This approval rating, it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen. People, my friends, my friends tell me, they tell me, those approval ratings are tremendous, really just tremendous and if you could see how they were with others, you’d say wow, that’s a huge, huge difference.
• The father of the Navy SEAL who was killed in the dumb, knee-jerk clandestine operation that was Trump’s first military action does not want to see Trump. And he has some harsh words for the incompetence of Twitler. “Why at this time did there have to be this stupid mission when it wasn’t even barely a week into his administration? Why? For two years prior, there were no boots on the ground in Yemen – everything was missiles and drones — because there was not a target worth one American life. Now, all of a sudden we had to make this grand display?’” And sharper words on the subject of attacking critics of Trump. “Don’t hide behind my son’s death to prevent an investigation. I want an investigation. … The government owes my son an investigation.” We agree.
• Sorry Spice goes after his own staff in the witch hunt currently underway in the administration to find the leaks. His efforts include random phone checks, forcing staff to show him their phones while White House lawyers look on. He would be better served by asking Trump’s Russian friends. They know how to document leaks that occur in as it relates to Trump, and it would be a golden opportunity to get to know the boss better.
• Trump enabler and former member of Trump’s transition team, Rep. Devin Nunes, who is the current chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has rejected requests from fellow Republicans and Democrats to appoint a special prosecutor to look into Trump’s ties with Russia. There’s no evidence of anything, he says, totally cool with not reading any news or asking why that fellow Flynn was forced to resign, or what Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen are up to.
• Trump’s nominee for Secretary of the Navy has withdrawn, as he, like his previous nominee for Secretary of the Army, is unable to untangle himself from his financial interests to pass the vetting process. At this point, Trump’s nominees are held to account for a higher standard than Trump is. Trump has yet to release his tax returns.
That’s all for this weekend – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.