Trump Damage Report – 4/27/2017
Breaking up the courts, Secret Service stressed, null State department, repealing Obamacare round 437, deficit hypocrisy, Ryan as fall guy, and Bernie burns. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, April 27th, 2017. What do we want! Trumplessness! When do we want it! About 100 days ago!
- Trump strains not only credibility, but also the ability of the Secret Service to keep up with the threats resulting from him telegraphing via Twitter where he is and what he’s doing, Politico reports. An author writing a book on the subject of Secret Service trying to protect Trump asserts that the force is ill-equipped to wade through all the self-invited threats.
- Captain Planet villain and former CEO of Exxon Rex Tillerson is in no hurry to fill nearly 200 empty State Department posts, The New York Times reports. This is the reason we call Tillerson the Secretary of the “Hollow” State. The diplomatic function of the United States has been hollowed out and rendered ineffective, by intent.
- A Russian spy ship collided with a freighter and sunk in the Black Sea, CBS News reports. While this doesn’t expressly have anything to do with Trump, it’s somewhat funny that the Russians have the intelligence capabilities of infiltrating the political parties of the United States, electing their guy, colluding with a half-dozen or more members of the administration – but can’t keep a spy ship from crashing into another boat.
- Conservatives are ready (again) to try and annihilate Obamacare, according to The Washington Post. Trump has come to an agreement with the House Freedom Caucus to allow for states to set up leper colony style insurance pools of desperately ill people that can be charged to actual death for healthcare. Previous versions of the bill were not cruel enough to pass with Freedom Caucus support.
- Trump’s tax plan revealed earlier this week is a bit of a hard pill to swallow for Republicans who have pretended to be deficit hawks, The New York Times reports. The problem is that the tax plan would explode the deficit by a truly hilarious amount – something Republicans have historically pretended to be against unless their guy is in power.
- Democrats will shut the whole thing down if a vote on Obamacare repeal moves forward, The Hill reports. Good on ’em. It’s nice to see that the first successful spinal transplant is taking well in the Democratic Party. We’ll see if they are able to use it beyond the threat.
- The Pentagon warned the Traitor Flynn in 2015 against taking money from foreign governments, CNN reports. Trump appointed Flynn to the most sensitive position in government as National Security Adviser in the administration, while Flynn was serving as an agent of foreign hostile governments.
- Trump is setting up Paul Ryan as his fall guy, The Washington Post reports. Paul Ryan is not a clever player in this game, and has taken the bait multiple times. Trump, while an idiot in most matters, is capable of wielding the strength of an uninformed, ill-attentive base that reacts instead of thinking. Paul Ryan is about to be roadkill.
- Are Trump voters ruining America for all of us?, an op-ed in USA Today asks a pretty obvious question. The article goes on to suggest that our democracy is under threat to die in dumbness, than in darkness.
- In a brutal takedown of the stupidity and habitual nature of the orange demagogue, Politico discusses “The education of Donald Trump” on his first 100 days. He is realizing, it would seem, that the job is harder than he thought it would be. Who knew?
- Trump supporters do not care about Trump’s lies, but do feel the media publishes fake news with significant frequency, according to an article by The Washington Post. Most of his supporters think he is keeping his campaign promises (he isn’t), and 76% think the administration doesn’t regularly make false claims (it does).
- CBC Radio Canada reports that when Trump talks trade protectionism, that’s perfectly fine with other nations who want to continue without America. Japan is moving ahead with TPP without us. Trump’s current stance is to blame Canada and Mexico, and has oscillated back and forth on pulling out of NAFTA.
- Bernie skipped the Trump briefing of the Senate on North Korea because “I did not want to be part of a photo op.” Bernie is still the most effective Senator throwing shade on Trumplethinskin.
- Has Trump given more financial disclosure than anybody else? Politifact fact checks Trump Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin’s baseless claim as a firm hell no.
- Trump is threatening to break up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, according to Salon. One of the first few things aspiring dictators and autocrats do after taking power in a nation is attack the free press. After that, they go after the judiciary. Both serve as the first line of defense for a functioning republic. Trump is now brutally assaulting the judicial branch of the United States of America.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF APRIL 27TH, 2017: $118,742,856.62
That’s all for the Thursday report this week – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.