Trump Damage Report – 4/28/2017
The easy life, Fox & Friends happy-time, print-outs of electoral maps, shutdown averted (for now), Jones’ loss, redistribution of wealth, and the Trumplethinskin attends gun fetishist. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Friday, April 28th, 2017. Ooof.
- Trump says he thought being in office would be easier than his old life, Reuters reports. “I thought it would be easier.” You know, running the most powerful nation in the history of the planet. Easier than bankrupting casinos and being an unnatural shade of orange.
- Politico reports on the unusual psychology of Fox & Friends, especially as it relates to the unending parade of bad news about Trump. Cheery dispositions and the ability to spit-shine a pile of diarrhea are the hallmarks of this most hallowed of the in-the-bubble morning shows.
- The polls are wrong again on Trump, The Hill warns us in their latest article. The job approval and ratings of his first 100 days are entirely off in terms of where his supporters and the middle of the country happen to be.
- Trump has named an anti-choice monster to a top Health and Human Services post, Politico reports. Charmaine Yoest, a senior fellow at “American Values” and former president of “Americans United for Life” (which are both as bad as they sound, ala “Grandmothers for Apple Pie Baseball”), has been named by Trump as assistant secretary of public affairs for HHS.
- Trump brought handouts of his electoral map win to an interview he did with Reuters, CNN reports. For some reason, maybe it’s the malignant narcissism, but Trump keeps bringing up that he won. At some point, he might consider doing the job.
- Democrats are withholding campaign cash from the special election taking place in Montana, Politico reports. Trump won the state by a sizable margin, but has still not fallen in the polls as he has elsewhere. Democrats are looking to go 3/3 on special election losses, so far. If the Democrats would like at some point to fight in an election, give the rest of us a heads-up, would you?
- The government shutdown has been temporarily averted, and Trump has signed a funding bill to keep government operating, CNBC reports. The government will continue to be funded until next Friday, pushing the deadline back. They didn’t want a massive shutdown to serve as the hallmark for Trump’s first 100 days.
- Trump ally Alex Jones has lost his custody case, The Daily Beast reports.
- Talks are underway to develop a new, more hardcore right-wing alt-right Nazi-style propaganda TV outlet, Mediate reports.
- Trump’s Secretary of the Hollow State, Rex Tillerson, called on the world to amp up the pressure on North Korea, CNN reports.
- Trump is considering David Clarke, the lunatic sheriff of Milwaukee County for Department of Homeland Security, Politico reports. Clarke is most famous for being entirely unhinged and, as most Trump appointees, has met with Russian officials connected to Vladimir Putin.
- Expectations have cratered for a health care overhaul, CNN reports. Trump promised to repeal Obamacare in nearly every single campaign speech he gave. People are figuring out now that he lies – in this case, thankfully.
- Trump gets absolutely no credit for his greatest achievement yet, The Washington Post reports. He was able to effectively conduct a sideshow large enough and dramatic enough to postpone his reckoning with Russia.
- Trump’s massive tax plan giveaway to the rich would shift trillions from state coffers to the wealthiest Americans, The New York Times reports.
- Trump, speaking at the NRA convention, at which gun-owners were barred from being able to carry their weapons while Trump was around, announced that the “8-year assault on 2nd Amendment is over”, CNN reports. Obama didn’t take one gun away. Not one. The mentally ill can now get firearms in America.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF APRIL 28TH, 2017: $119,671,428.04
That’s all for the Thursday report this week – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.