Trump Damage Report – 6/1/2017
We’ll always have Paris, George Will unchained, a map of Israel, giving back to Putin, Comey testifies Thursday, budget weasel math, victim group used-abused-exploited, bidding Auf Wiedersehen to Herr Priebus, Nigel Farage of interest, Trumpcare taboo, and Felonious O’Keefe. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, June 1st, 2017. Is it getting warmer, or is it Trump?
- Trump will withdraw the United States from the Paris climate agreement, The New York Times reports. North Korea, Myanmar, Iran, and Angola signed the Paris Agreement along with all other nations in the world, save for Nicaragua (which said it didn’t go far enough), Syria (which isn’t able to do country things right now) and today, The United States of America. Proving demonstrably that our leader is less rational than the leaders of North Korea, Myanmar, Iran, and Angola.
- Notable conservative commentator George Will unleashes upon Trump and his ilk with his op-ed today in the Washington Post entitled “Conservatism is soiled by scowling primitives”. How do you really feel, George?
- Trump and Company have opted not to move the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, The New York Times reports. Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel, although geography is not the Trump people’s strong suit. They don’t really have any strong suits, and in some instances, even their ties are held together with scotch tape.
- Trump is moving to return the Russian compounds in Maryland and New York back to the Kremlin, The Washington Post reports. The compounds were originally seized in late December of 2016 due to Russia’s interference in our elections, and were being used by the Russians to stage the attacks as well as intelligence-gathering purposes. Trump is hoping to give these spy bases back to the Russians. Gotta dance with the one who brung ya.
- Trump fired FBI Director who was investigating him, James Comey, will testify before the Senate intelligence committee next Thursday, Politico reports. They should sell tickets, and C-SPAN could turn this into a pay-per-view event. Leeeeeeet’s get ready to TESTIFYYYYY!
- Trump’s budget weasel, Mick Mulvaney, has declared war on math, New York Mag reports. First, there was the trillion dollar budget error in the fiscal calculations for Trump’s brutal budget, which included massive cuts to taxes for millionaires and billionaires, and now the anger at the Congressional Budget Office actually scoring proposed legislation. Mulvaney is accusing math of having a “liberal bias”.
- “We were used, abused, and exploited” say the victims of immigrant crime civic group of Trump, Politico reports. Of course you were. Trump uses, abuses, and exploits nearly everyone who allows him to. It was part of his marriage vows during his second and third weddings. Trump took the money from the group and ran.
- Trump today exempted the entire senior staff of his administration from House ethics rules, The Daily Beast reports. The rules exist to prevent lobbyists from taking a role in administrations, or from staff in administrations immediately going into lobbying. The swamp that Trump has built is so dense and diverse that it would qualify for wetlands restoration grants from environmentalist organizations.
- Trump’s Secretary of the Hollow State and actual Captain Planet vilain, Rex Tillerson, snubbed a European Union foreign policy chief after his meeting with Putin, Foreign Policy reports.
- Conservative commentator and rampant-jackhole-but-anti-Trumpist Erick Erickson at The Resurgent tells us that Herr Priebus’ departure from the administration is imminent. The Trump administration at this point will have had higher turnover rate than the entire line of Jeep lineup of vehicles pre-2009.
- Brexit’s Nigel Farage is now a “person of interest” in the FBI investigation into Trump and Russia, The Guardian reports. Farage raised the interest of the FBI with his relationships with individuals connected to Trump, Julian Assange, and The Antichrist Roger Stone.
- Putin hinted at meddling in the US election by “patriotically minded” Russians, The New York Times reports. Free-spirited folks, with comprehensive cyberintrusion capabilities and government funding, the classic script kiddies.
- Senators had previously asked FBI Director James Comey to investigate Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions for perjury over an ADDITIONAL meeting with Russian ambassador/spymaster Sergey Kislyak, CNN reports.
- The activists investigating Trump brands in China were arrested, and are still missing, The Washington Post reports. The labor activists researching the working conditions at a factory that produces shoes for Ivanka Trump have gone missing, and are possibly being detained. The Trump family syndicate produces nearly all of its goods in China, Malaysia, and outside of the United States to exploit cheap labor. If you can find a Trump good in a store near you, you are welcome to check the label for confirmation.
- A Fox News Trump apologist, Gregg Jarrett, has asserted that no law forbids collusion between Trump and the hostile foreign government of Russia; which PolitiFact soundly debunks as False. In fact, it is not only illegal, but it borders on treason.
- Taking a position in the Trump administration is now seen as career suicide, according to sources cited by MSNBC. Check this box if you have ever been convicted of a felony; or if you have served in the Trump administration. (But this may be repeating the same question, in time.)
- One reporter is arrested. Another reporter is punched. The common thread? Asking about healthcare, Vox reports. Turns out that the Trumpists don’t really like defending Trumpcare.
- Felon conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe (not felon conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Sousa) is sued for breaking local and federal laws in their “sting” videos including creative cuts, edits, and out of context quotes, The Intercept reports. The Trump Foundation funds O’Keefe’s efforts for his “investigations”, despite them being consistently and repeatedly debunked right before being successfully criminally prosecuted.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 1ST 2017: $151,478,857.32
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.