Trump Damage Report – 9/14/2017
Mass exodus, anti-leak leak, fear itself, how high to jump, 33 dead is no biggie, Complicity Trump and unrealistic expectations, Russian social media buys, Democratic DACA deal, fireable offenses, and Breitbart quiz. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, September 14th, 2017.
- Trumpist Republicans are worried about a “mass exodus” of frustrated members, Talking Points Memo reports. It had been predicted that Trump’s ascent would lead to the fracturing and destruction of the Republican Party. Supposition, or prophecy? Time will tell!
- Fear itself is Trump’s real immigration policy, Vox reports. Deportation, or self-deportation, is not the goal. Rather, the pervasive specter of fear through law enforcement, concentration camps of immigrants in “processing”.
- The Trump administration’s big new anti-leak memo was leaked last night, Vox reports. Trump, who has been alleged to enjoy certain practices in Russian hotel rooms, is plagued by frequent leaking, naturally.
- Trump says jump, and his supporters ask how high?, The New York Times reports. This is the impact of a cult of personality, and the broad appeal of emotional nationalism. No ideology, just persona.
- Trump callously dismisses 33 dead from Hurricane Irma, saying “Such a small number.”, Shareblue reports. Trump, as a sociopath, is incapable of most human emotion apart from anger, wrath, and envy.
- “It’s not going to happen”, Ivanka “Complicity” Trump says critics who expect her to do more to Trump’s positions have “unrealistic expectations”, Business Insider reports. Quite a few in the media somehow expected that Ivanka would temper dear ol’ daddum’s policy positions, and she has not.
- Facebook still doesn’t know the extent of the Russian ad buys during the election, CNN reports.
- The person who lost the electoral college says it is time to abolish the electoral college, CNN reports. Sanjaya also maintains that the voting system on American Idol is skewed and should be reversed. All bronze and silver medalists in the 2016 Olympics have submitted appeals as to the grading. Yes, the electoral college should be abolished. The person who lost that contest should not be the person to push for the abolition of the process, however.
- Trump’s press secretary for a week, Anthony Scaramucci will guest co-host The View, Page Six reports. In other news, Trump’s hats are on sale, and Ivanka is considering releasing a sex tape.
- Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer worked out a deal with Trump on DACA last night, and now Trump says of the Mexicans “They’re sending their best!”, Talking Points Memo reports. Trump holds no actual positions, other than that of self-aggrandizement.
- Trump allies Fox & Friends offer that maybe Trump’s wall was “symbolic”, Mediaite reports.
- Trump’s treasury secretary asked to use a government plane for his honeymoon, Vox reports.
- Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions says that Dreamers are stealing American jobs, but the government’s own numbers show that’s just absurd, Slate reports. We’ve said this a lot, but it remains true. Sessions really, really, really hates brown people.
- The Trump administration says that Jemele Hill calling Trump a racist is a “fireable offense”, but Trump once called Obama a racist, The Washington Post reports. Trump is a racist.
- Take a moment to guess whether these headlines came from Trump propaganda arm Breitbart, or a 1920’s KKK Newspaper, Slate reports. Play along at home, and see how many you get right!
- FactCheck takes a look at what is known so far of Trump’s tax plan, and yes, it does benefit the rich greatly.