Trump Damage Report – 9/27/2017
Fuming over Pryce, skipping FBI ceremony, The Art of “Soon”, state lines, Manafort (again), Russians as Muslims and BLM, strangling Puerto Rico, the Deficit-Exploding All Nonsense Trump Tax Plan, and Jared votes as a lady. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017.
- Trump is reportedly fuming over HHS Secretary Pryce’s private charter flights on the taxpayer dime, Politico reports. Taking massively expensive trips on the taxpayer dime is his schtick, after all.
- Trump is expected to skip the FBI Director ceremony to avoid possible encounters and side-eyes with former FBI Director James Comey, Newsweek reports. Trump had more than three deferrals during Vietnam for “bone spurs” that miraculously healed later, and is a notorious coward.
- Soon, Very Soon, Eventually: The New York Times offers a detailed list of things Trump said would happen. He also uses the “two weeks” option, to say, it’s coming in two weeks. It never happens.
- Supposedly, Trump is preparing an executive order to let Americans purchase health insurance across state lines, The Washington Examiner reports. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Except that in the health insurance market, the cheapest is not necessarily the best. In fact, in states with microscopic regulation on health insurance, the insurance company could take massive advantage of an insured person.
- Key Senators are preparing a subpoena for Manafort to appear at a hearing, CNN reports. Manafort is one of several dominoes precariously about to fall in the Trump-Russia scandal.
- Russians impersonated real American Muslims to stir chaos on Facebook and Instagram, The Daily Beast reports. How is Trump involved in this? The targets of the groups were Hillary Clinton, and anyone who has been critical of Trump, including Republicans.
- The Trump administration is restricting lawmakers from visiting Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands, The Washington Post reports. Trump would rather Puerto Rico and the American territories starve and languish than responsible lawmakers attend to its needs and intervene.
- Trump’s favorite nepotism recipient and Secretary of Everything, Jared Kushner, voted as a woman, Wired reports. It may well be that Jared is in a position to transition. In that instance, Kushner can ask Caitlyn Jenner how feelings about Trump tend to evolve.
- Trump-Russia investigators are closing in on the sources named in the explosive Steele dossier, The Independent reports. Six-to-one odds they are Russian operatives who turned, and have been in hiding.
- Russians bought Black Lives Matter ads on Facebook and targeted Baltimore and Ferguson, CNN reports. The goal? Riots and massive unrest. We are at war. It is a cyberwar, but we are most absolutely at war. And something Americans are entirely used to or pleased with – we’re losing this one so far.
- The “double standard deduction” in the Trump tax plan in a lie, Business Insider reports. The plan increases the standard deduction by 15% or less, while offering gargantuan reductions in taxes for the wealthiest.
- Trump is infuriated after backing the Alabama loser in the GOP Senate primary, CNN reports. He deleted the tweets he had made in support of the loser, as if they never happened.
- Trump is at war with everyone, and has mocked McCain and McConnell, Axios reports.
- John McCain defends the NFL protests, saying “That’s their right”, The Hill reports. John McCain fought in wars to protect that right. Trump got deferrals for those wars.
- There are 9 essential things for every American to know about the humanitarian disaster happening right now in Puerto Rico, Vox reports. Firstly, that those are American citizens. 47% of Americans don’t know that Puerto Ricans are American citizens.
- The Trump Explode-the-Debt Tax Plan is deep on tax cuts, with few details on how to pay for them, The Washington Post reports. This is a rehash of voodoo economics, with a bunch of pretend magic taking place on the back-end that they hope to use to justify giving the wealthiest aristocrats in our nation a massive tax cut.
- Senate Democrats are demanding an investigation into Obamacare website shutdowns being intentionally carried out by the Trump administration, The Hill reports.
- Does Trump even know that he’s responsible for Puerto Rico?, The Independent asks. His tweets don’t seem to indicate that he was or is aware of the fact.