Trump Damage Report – 12/17/2017
Coup in America, friends of Trump on State Tv, Kremlin gratitude, demanding emails returned, Corker’s reading comprehension, feedback loops, and birth certificates needed. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Sunday, December 17th, 2017.
- CNN’s Stetler goes off on “Friends of Trump” at Fox News, citing their talking “like propagandists”, Mediaite reports. They’ve been talking like state media for a while now, and it’s remarkably disgusting.
- Democrats now hold the biggest lead in congressional preference since 2008, NBC News reports. Thanks, Trump!
- The Kremlin says that Putin thanked Trump for for a CIA tip on bombings in St. Petersburg, The Associated Press reports. Trump has provided extensive information from American intelligence to the Russians. Including leaking sensitive information about Israeli agents.
- Trump officials are demanding that Mueller return the thousands of emails that he was provided, Axios reports. Mueller ain’t gonna.
- The last-minute real estate tax break in the Trump tax heist is going to be benefit (you guessed it), Trump, International Business Times reports.
- Senator Bob Corker, usually a vocal Trump critic, says that he hasn’t read the tax heist bill even after saying he’d vote for it, The Hill reports.
- As reported yesterday, Trump got his birthday wrong while filling out a voting form for the New York mayoral election, The Independent reports. At this point, we need to see a birth certificate. And tax returns.
- Fox News and Trump have created an anti-Mueller “feedback loop”, CNN reports. One cites the other, which cites the other, which magnifies the citation. Marco? Fake News!
- Evangelical leader Jen Hatmaker denounced Trump, and then the death threats started, Politico reports. Nationalists, it turns out, really dig violence.
- State TV (currently Fox News) suggested that we may have an Anti-Trump “Coup on our hands in America”, Mediaite reports. By using the word “coup”, they are hoping to ratchet up the response in reaction to Mueller finding what Mueller is finding.
- Secretary of Everything, Jared Kushner, is being sued by law firms he hasn’t been paying, New York Daily News reports.