Trump Damage Report – 12/20/2017
Tax heist passes, fundamental crises, no thanks from Hanks, chaos amid low approval, Huckster’s lack of self-awareness, and a double-digit Democratic advantage. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Wednesday, December 20th, 2017.
- Trump’s winter palace hikes its New Year’s Eve party ticket prices, Politico reports. You can pay to party with the guy whom less than a third of Americans want as their President.
- Trump’s holiday gift to America is a fundamental crisis, Mother Jones reports. His efforts constitute a full out attack on how our republic functions.
- Tom Hanks wouldn’t screen “The Post” at the White House, decrying Trump’s attacks on the first amendment, The Hollywood Reporter reports. Hanks is one of the most likable people in America, whereas Trump is one of the most detested, bordering on Pharmadouche-levels.
- The US Department of the Treasury has targeted individuals involved in gross violations of human rights in Russia. See how tough the Trump administration is on Russia? Except that, they still haven’t put into place those sanctions that were passed many months ago.
- The Trump tax heist shows the GOP’s contempt for democracy, The New York Times reports. An overwhelming majority of Americans hate it. No Democrats were involved in it. There were zero hearings. And it was written with the help of more than 5,500 lobbyists.
- Trump may be more trouble than he’s worth, USA Today offers. The judicial nomination to the Supreme Court and the tax heist were the only two things the Republicans needed Trump for. Now they are staring some pretty horrifying numbers square in the face.
- Confusion and chaos lie ahead as new tax rules take immediate effect, Politico reports. Were you all ready to do your taxes in January? That’s not happening the way you think it was going to happen.
- Trump’s approval rating just entered a league of its own, CNN reports. From CNN, his rating dropped to 35%. Elsewhere, it’s 32%. Even on Fox, it’s in the low 30’s.
- Democrats’ 2018 advantage has expanded, 56 to 38, CNN reports. If there’s one group of people capable of screwing this up, we know we can rely on the Democratic Party.
- The Trump tax heist is a giant permission slip for shipping profits overseas, Vox reports. In this, we greatly reward companies who have stashed billions of dollars in offshore accounts.
- Corporations said publicly that they’ll be pocketing the Trump tax heist, but Republicans weren’t really listening, The Intercept reports. You aren’t going to get a pay raise. But the CEOs and shareholders are going to see a nice bump.
- Sarah Huckster, Trump’s current press jester, tells a Democrat to “spend less time tweeting, more time doing your job.”, The Independent reports. There was no self-awareness of irony in her statement.
- Trump said that Obamacare has been repealed as a result of his stupid tax heist; it hsn’t, the Associated Press instantly fact-checks.