Trump Damage Report – 12/26/2017
The Two-Thirds President, targeting citizens, coal role, European break, royally snubbed, purging the FBI, to fight the Trump, Happy Holidays, banana republicans, absent cabinet, and inevitability of cyberwar. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Tuesday, December 26th, 2017.
- Trump spent more than a third of his presidency at his properties and a 4th of his entire time at his golf clubs, Business Insider reports. He spent a full quarter of his time golfing.
- What happens when Trump targets a private American citizen on Twitter?, Politico asks. Death threats, harassment, trolling, and a sequence of outrage directed at you from hordes of lunatic Trumpists.
- Lobbying-heavy coal company Murray Energy Corp is trying to downplay its role in Trump’s pro-coal rule that requires higher payments for coal energy rather than other forms, The Hill reports.
- America is on the brink of a historic break with Europe, thanks to Trump, USA Today reports. One of the first things an aspiring autocrat does is insist on isolation. By breaking you away from your friends and family, a cult leader is able to exercise greater control over you. This happens simultaneously as the cult tells you that everyone else is lying to you.
- The UK government is pleading with Prince Harry not to invite Obama to his wedding, The Sun reports. They are concerned that it may present a very clear, very obvious snub to Trump. It would be. And it would be well-deserved.
- A Trumpist lawmaker has called for the “purge” of the FBI, The Hill reports. In America. One of our parties is calling for purges of our law enforcement.
- To beat the Trump, you must learn to think like his supporters, The Washington Post reports. “To fight the bug, we must understand the bug.” One of our favorite lines from the cult classic Starship Troopers.
- 13 days defined the Trump White House, The Associated Press reports. The Mooch, churning through advisors and cabinet members, and a host of awkward events in July culminated in what now passes for “stability” in the Trump administration.
- Decay grips the White House – extending even to an iconic tree now scheduled for destruction, CNN reports.
- Trump wished everyone “Happy Holidays” when Obama was saying “Merry Christmas”, Newsweek reports. Not that telling that to a Trumpist would sway them. You could show them video, and it would be fake news.
- Trump once forbade a Christmas tree – and other forgotten stories from the “war on Christmas”, The Washington Post reports.
- Trump’s tax plan is a giveaway to the rich, and it is, The Washington Post reports with graphs. Graphs are those communist things Trump supporters reject.
- Conservative commentator Bill Kristol says that the GOP has “become a cult of personality worthy of a banana republic”, The Hill reports. It most certainly has, but Mr. Kristol had his own part in construction of it. The founder of The Weekly Standard offered ringing praise of lies for the Iraq War, justifications for Dubya without end, and began the process of segmentation of news in this nation to provide “alt-facts”.
- Where is Trump’s cabinet? It’s anybody’s guess, Politico reports. Schedules previously open to the public are now being shielded from public view, with 17 cabinet heads unwilling to release information on their travels or whereabouts.
- Russia is going to attack our next election, and the Trump administration may not try to stop it, The Washington Post reports. They never stopped attacking us, in fact. Russia is still conducting active cyberwarfare against the United States, and the Trump cabal have not acted to counter it.
- The Trump Tax Heist isn’t going to save Republicans from political disaster, The American Prospect reports.