Trump Damage Report – 5/29/2017
The diplomacy of a drunk tourist, leaker contradiction, anonymous hypocrisy, Grassley targets Kushner, Republican violence, Typhoid Mary of stochastic terrorism, a court rules Trump is not to be believed, and budgetary bruises. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, May 29th, 2017. Happy Memorial Day!
- Senator John McCain informs us that Vladimir Putin is a bigger threat than ISIS, ABC Australia reports. ISIS is responsible for violent, horrific terrorist attacks, yes – but Putin has access to chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons and has influenced the outcome of elections in democracies around the globe. McCain is spot on in his analysis. And hey, remember Syria? Me too. Syria is still well underway. It’s fun talking about Kushner and everything, but that genocide in Syria is still kickin’.
- Snubs and slights are just part of the job in the Trump administration, The Washington Post reports. Sean Spicer was giddy at the idea of possibly meeting the Pope, as a lifelong devout Catholic. So naturally, Trump, being a vindictive overlord, expressly excluded him from the experience. Working for Trump is equal parts Stockholm Syndrome and Battered Person Syndrome.
- To work for Trump or to believe him as a supporter, you have to hold two contradictory things in your head at the same time; that there are leakers providing damning details to the press who need to be punished, and that the press makes up imaginary leaks, The Washington Post reports. That there are leaks, and this is unconscionable and we must root them out and kill them, and also that the press is reporting “fake news” about what the leakers are saying, which is totally untrue, but it’s important we find them and stop them, because…
- Trump finally came out against the white supremacist anti-Muslim murders in Portland, CNN reports. It took him quite a while, but he finally got there. It is possible he delayed condemnation because the attacker was a Trump supporter and/or was violently harassing Muslim women on a train. Trump has said very little in the way of criticism against the massive white nationalist support he has received.
- Republican Congresscritter Chuck Grassley calls for an investigation of the Kushner family selling US visas to Chinese investors willing to give Kushner half a million dollars for one, The Hill reports.
- A Trumpist Republican threatened to put a bullet in the head of a fellow lawmaker in Texas, and called ICE on protesters, The Texas Observer reports. Earlier this week, Montana Trumpist Republican Gianforte physically assaulted, choked, and body-slammed a journalist of the American free press who asked him a question about his support of Trumpcare. Violence is speedily becoming the only thing Trumpists understand.
- Trump is not to be believed, says the US Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, according to a report by The Washington Post.
- Trump’s Secretary of Everything and man he has tasked with bringing peace to the Middle East, Jared Kushner, apparently ‘forgot’ his Russian contact where had asked for a back channel with the Kremlin that the FBI, NSA, and CIA couldn’t monitor, McClatchy reports.
- Trump’s budget plan lands with a thud (and bruising) in middle class America, Politico reports. The budget contains brutal cuts to most programs that most Trump supporters rely heavily on. Resist the urge to embrace the schadenfreude.
- Some of those fun cuts are to programs for domestic abuse survivors, PoliticsUSA reports. The result, the Trump administration hopes, is that this will teach abused survivors to be more independent. We can ill-afford, the Trump folks assert, to fund such frivolous things as women’s shelters and abuse prevention.
- The Trump campaign didn’t keep documents and communications about collusion between Trump and Russia, The Hill reports. We have reports from months ago that Trump staff were aggressively deleting conversations, shredding documents, and doing anything in their power to destroy any trace of previous engagement with Russians, right after the Traitor Flynn was ousted.
- Trump says he hates anonymous sources in news, unless they are supporting his views, The Washington Post reports.
- Donald Trump is The Gateway Degenerate, The New York Times opines. Whereby we are introduced to the source of the violent rhetoric, the orange excuse, the Typhoid Mary of thuggery in what passes for the current Republican ideology that betrays everything previously Republican. We must expect more violence, more brutality, more ghastly behavior from elected Republican officials in the days to come, and furtherance of excuses by their reprehensible base.
- Trump stumbled into diplomacy with NATO like a “drunk tourist, loud and tacky, shoving his way around the dance floor, stepping on others without realizing it.” a State Department official reported to The Daily Beast. Trump embodied the epitome of the “Ugly American”, and we are set to pay the price for it in years after he is impeached or resigns.
- Ivanka would like for us to remember Memorial Day, and all those who sacrificed for our freedoms, by making champagne popsicles!, AOL reports.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF MAY 29TH, 2017: $148,693,143.06
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.