Trump Damage Report – 6/26/2017
Apolitical Ivanka, running a White House like a hotel, 400 for 750k, carbon-up, twitterspasms, Muslim Ban 4.0 temporarily installed, self-inflicted wounds, the slow burn of Russiagate, and lying to win. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, June 26th, 2017.
- Daughter of the dear leader, Ivanka Trump, tells us she prefers to stay out of politics, Politico reports.
- This chart from Vox shows the stunning trade-off at the heart of Trumpcare. A few extreme billionaires for a few states.
- Trump’s hotel person associate turned administration chief says we should give her a chance.
- The Trump tax cut for 400 people would fund 750,000 people on Medicaid, RawStory reports.
- Carbon in the atmosphere is still rising, even as emissions are stabilizing, The New York Times reports. Our gentle apocalypse continues to unfold, and the men Trump has steering the ship of state do not believe in the basic facts of science.
- Trump’s most recent twitter-spasm about Russia has left him badly exposed, The Washington Post reports. This is where Trump acknowledges that Russia hacked the United States election which he previously denied happened, while blaming Obama for letting it happen.
- 6 Nobel prize-winning economists announce opposition to the Senate health bill, Vox reports. They are joined by about 80% of Americans, the entire medical industry, and large public and private sectors of all industries in the United States.
- Trump’s Muslim Ban has been partly reinstated by the Supreme Court, with fall court arguments set, The Associated Press reports. The ban prohibits travel from six mostly Muslim countries, effectively banning Muslim immigration or travel as Trump had promised to do during his campaign.
- Trump is increasingly terrified of the investigation into his relationship with Russia – and he should be, Business Insider reports. Twitler is screeching that he is the subject of a witch hunt by former special counsel Robert Mueller, who has called together a dream-team of specialized lawyers and investigators to probe the Trump cabal.
- Trump keeps shooting himself in the foot by reminding America that Obamacare is a Democratic plan, PoliticsUSA reports. Saying something that is widely popular isn’t popular doesn’t make it unpopular, Trumpster.
- Watergate didn’t become Watergate overnight, either, New York Mag reports. The scandal of our lifetime is a slow burn, after all. And the investigators are still putting the pieces together.
- Trump spent most of the weekend tweeting utter nonsense, Vice reports.
- One of those idiocy-fueled tweets wrongly called special counsel Robert Mueller’s staffers Clinton supporters and employees, PolitiFact reports.
- In order to try and bolster support for Trumpcare, Republicans are resorting to the same strategy they have always used on the subject of healthcare: lying, The American Prospect reports.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 26TH 2017: $174,702,142.82
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.