Trump Damage Report – 6/27/2017
Trumpcare wealthcare nightmare delayed, EPA pressure, Warren in Trumptown, Ukrainian cyber-previews, rejecting conservatism, fake news fake-out, false Time, cam-free with Spicyboy, Gorsuch dissents, and Sekulow skims. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017.
- The Trump administration pressured EPA scientists to change their testimony and downplay the dismissal of expert advisers, The New York Times reports.
- Elizabeth Warren is working hard to try and win back voters in Trump Country, The Wall Street Journal reports.
- The Ukraine was hit by a concerted cyber attack aimed at national bank, state power provider, and airports, The Independent reports. Russia is flexing its cyber muscle again.
- David Brooks of The New York Times pens “The GOP Rejects Conservatism”, outlining a fundamental flaw in the current streak of Republican ideology which eschews actual conservatism.
- Trumpist Republican Jason Chaffetz is calling for a $2,500 housing stipend for congresscritters.
- The White House threatened Syria while Trump yawned, according to sources, The Daily Beast reports.
- Trump has a framed copy of Time Magazine featuring his ugly mug hanging in his golf clubs, and it happens to be fake, The Washington Post reports.
- Trump responds reasonably and with dignity after CNN retracts a story for not having enough sources. Just kidding! Trump responds with a childish “They are all Fake News!”, The Hill reports.
- The Trumpcare bill was in major jeopardy after the CBO report indicated that 22 million will lose insurance, CNN reports.
- The Senate has postponed a vote on Trumpcare as a critical mass of Republicans have defected, Vox reports.
- This will give them time to make billions of dollars in side deals to win votes from each of the dissenting Republicans during the break, Politico reports.
- A Pro-Trump group has launched TV and radio ads attacking a dissenting Senator of their own party, threatening to primary him, Politico reports. Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Trumpster.
- Trumpcare isn’t about healthcare, it’s wealthcare, a massive tax cut for the 1%, The Guardian reports.
- Which prompts the question, why are so-called “pro-life” Republicans pushing a bill that will kill tens of thousands, Rolling Stone asks. Among them, infants – of which 40% are pregnancies delivered under Medicaid.
- Spicer’s camera-free press conferences continue, The Washington Post reports and annotates the latest one.
- The image of the United States has drastically fallen abroad, survey shows, Reuters reports.
- “No one will lose coverage” is turning out to be the worst campaign promise since “Read my lips”, New Republic reports.
- Bernie Sanders projects thousands of people will die of lack of health insurance if Trumpcare becomes law, and PolitiFact rates this as mostly true.
- The Supreme Court rules that states must list same-sex parents on birth certificates, with Trump’s Supreme Neil Gorsuch joining the dissent, The Denver Post reports.
- American Progress lists the state-by-state breakdown of how many people will lose health insurance coverage under Trumpcare, and it is staggering.
- Trump’s seedy lawyer Jay Sekulow funneled tons of money from his fundamentalist Christian nonprofit to his family members, more than $60 million, The Guardian reports.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 27TH 2017: $175,630,714.24
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.