Trump Damage Report – 6/29/2017
Bleeding from her you-know-what, Cruzcare, having a great day, Melania’s cyberbully, TMZ, dereliction, 74% premium increase, Tillerson blows gasket, NRA blood-call, and sanction roll-backs. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for June 29th, 2017.
- Trump attacks Mike Brzezinksi, saying she was “bleeding badly from a face-lift”, The Daily Beast reports.
- Republicans themselves are slamming Trump for his “Face-lift” tweet, Time reports.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies during today’s briefing, saying that Trump has never “promoted or encouraged violence”, Shareblue reports. There’s literally tape. The orange monster promised to pay the legal bills if anyone was violent for him. We have the actual living video footage where he says it.
- “I think that the White House had a great day” HuckSanders said, without any self-awareness, The Washington Post reports.
- In unrelated news, CNN’s Jake Tapper asks, how is Melania Trump’s campaign against cyber-bullying going?
- ThinkProgress did a deep dive on how it is that TMZ became the most prominent pro-Trump media outlet. Gossip and garbage are Trump’s stock in trade, after all.
- Trump is being accused of dereliction of duty as the Russia scandal gets more and more dire for Republicans, PoliticsUSA reports.
- The Trump propaganda machine is going into full overdrive, with no fewer than eight Russia-specific tweets from Twitler in under three days, Shareblue reports.
- Your health care premium is likely to shoot up by 74% under Trumpcare, NBC News reports. That’s the average expected increase as calculated by the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- Secretary of the Hollow State and actual Captain Planet villain Rex Tillerson blows up at a White House aid, Politico reports. Tillerson unleashed his anger in front of Priebus, Kushner, and others. One might expect that an explosion of the oil CEO’s temper would result in a burst pipeline or tanker crash, but none reported so far.
- Trump allies and gun manufacturer lobby, the National Rifle Association released an advertisement that appears to be “an open call to violence”, Business Insider reports. The ad is chilling, and asserts that gun-owners respond with force to the insistence that police brutality stop, or that homophobia, sexism, and racism exist.
- Trump, the authoritarian strongman, has a bodyguard. And that bodyguard is now under investigation as well in the Russia collusion case, ABC News reports.
- It turns out that the liberal caricature of conservatism is actually correct, Vox reports. The sad state of Trumpcare legislation is proof evident.
- Trump is considering rolling back sanctions against Russia during the first Trump-Putin meeting, The Guardian reports.
- Our last, best hope for salvation in light of Trumpcare? Vox reports it could well be Ted Cruz. Good luck, everybody!
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 29TH 2017: $177,488,037.08
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.