Trump Damage Report – 6/9/2017
Predisent Covfefe, Grassley grouses, defunding the Holocaust Museum, Cohen’s oligarch, economic apocalypse impending, Qusay’s kid-cancer cut, the incompetence defense, testifying, and monumental fire sale. All this and way more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Friday, June 9th, 2017.
- Republican Congresscritter Chuck Grassley is ripping the Trump administration for blowing off certain oversight requests. The Trump administration is ignoring the entirety of all oversight requests that originate from Democratic elected officials, which is as stunning as it is egregious.
- Trump is asking for $3 million in funding cuts to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, The Hill reports. Several members of Trump’s administration have espoused pro-Nazi sentiments, including President Steve Bannon, and Trump advisor Sebastian Gorka. Trump describes many of his policies as “nationalism”.
- Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, pitched investors for a powerful Russian-tied Ukrainian oligarch’s company, BuzzFeed reports. The list of people in Trump’s employ who do not have shadowy, unsettling ties to Russia is shorter than the list who does.
- Qatar isn’t accepting Trump’s invite, Reuters reports. Trump has had no problem inviting leaders of foreign powers that sponsor terrorism, or authoritarian dictators.
- Legendary investor Jim Rogers informs us that the worst crash in our lifetime is coming, Business Insider reports. Later this year, or early next. Trump will precipitate the incoming economic wipeout, and the result will not be a good one. Learn Mandarin.
- The Attorney General of New York is now looking into the Eric Trump Foundation for funneling money away from a children’s cancer charity, Forbes reports.
- The defense being mounted on behalf of Trump after the Comey testimony is The Incompetence Defense, The Atlantic reports. The claim is that “He’s new to this.”
- Senator Gillibrand rips into Trump: “Has he kept his promises? No. F— no.” The Hill reports. Trump keeping a promise is about as foreign to him as a salad, or a civil handshake.
- Trump’s secret isn’t that he lies, Vox reports, it is that he crowds out the truth. The method is bullshitting, not expressly lying. The objective of leaving no air for the truth with so many falsehoods, so many constructs of artificial reality that there simply isn’t time or energy left to address them all.
- Trump says he is willing to testify under oath about Comey claims, CNN reports. That would be fantastic! Except… he’s lying. He’s not willing. Like all Trump statements, he’s absolutely lying. Let one Senator ask him to testify under oath, and observe the response.
- Trump lapdog Paul Ryan denies the GOP would try to impeach a Democrat accused of the same actions as Trump, The Hill reports. This is belly-laugh inducing. They worked hard to impeach one of the previous guys for lying about an extramarital affair. They wouldn’t support impeaching someone who lied about selling out America to a hostile foreign government, with a zillion ties and shadowy dealings with that same government? The people who brought us Benghazi-themed merchandise wouldn’t have a field day with a Democrat who had an NSA Adviser who literally performed treasonous activities while serving? Please.
- Trump’s lawyer’s first sentence in his response to Comey’s testimony misspells the word “President”, Slate reports. Trump’s lawyer is currently defending Sberbank of Russia, and represents a company run by Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, a close friend of Vladimir Putin. Trump’s other legal team, unrelated to this lawyer, was named “Russian Law Firm of the Year.” This is all true, none of this is The Onion. Predisent Covfefe.
- The same idiot lawyer asserts that Comey violated executive privilege, and 10 legal experts respond: No, he didn’t, Vox reports. See, in order to violate executive privilege, executive privilege has to be invoked. Trump did not invoke it. The memos were not classified. Leaking something classified is more like telling the Russians about an Israeli spy in a private meeting with them.
- The Democratic candidate in Georgia’s special election is now leading by 7 points in the race, The Hill reports. As previously reported, the DNC is terrified that a Democrat may win, and is hoping to do everything in its power possible to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Rumor is that they are even considering asking Hillary to come stump for him, hoping it will throw a wet blanket on any appeal to independents.
- Bernie responds to the Comey testimony, saying plainly “Donald Trump is a blatant liar.”, The Independent reports.
- Trumpist Republicans concerned about leaks that are making Trump look bad in all his incompetence and dealings with Russians, are looking into cutting back surveillance authority, McClatchy reports. The GOP tends to like funding US intelligence agencies, right up until the guy leading their party starts doing treasony things on a day-to-day basis.
- Trump is hoping to sell off our national monuments, The Hill reports. If you happen to be a member of the coal, gas, or oil industries and would like to purchase parts of the Grand Canyon, please contact Department of Interior via your lobbyist of preference.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 9TH 2017: $158,907,428.68
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.