Trump Damage Report – 8/21/2017
Staring into the sun, bankrupting the Secret Service, Nazi approvals, rally in Phoenix, slavery and “good history”, Clovis opines, most news is not fake, the Toddler-in-Chief, and to the victor go the spoils. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, August 21st, 2017.
- The Trump cabal has nearly bankrupt The Secret Service, USA Today reports. Trump’s massive travel bills have depleted the funds used to pay agents, with Trump spending large amounts of his time at Trump-owned properties golfing. Make America Pay Again… and again, and again.
- Republican committees have paid nearly $1.3 million dollars to Trump-owned entities this year alone, The Washington Post reports.
- Bernie continues to hold rallies around the nation, The Indianapolis Star reports. He is currently the most popular politician in the entirety of America. In polls leading up to the 2016 election, Bernie lead Trump by double digits.
- 28% of Americans approve of Trump’s response to Charlottesville, in support of Nazis, ABC News reports.
- The Trump administration is bracing for an angry reception at a campaign rally in Phoenix, due to a possible pardon of the racist sheriff, Joe Arpaio, The New York Times reports.
- Fox guest and former Trump spokesmonster Katrina Pierson says the Civil War and slavery were part of America’s “good history”, Media Matters reports. Trumpists firmly believe that the wholesale enslavement of an entire race of peoples was a nice time had by all.
- Trump’s aides can’t stop talking about him like he’s a toddler, The Washington Post reports. Who is managing Trump? Who is controlling his mood swings and his verbal farts?
- President Bannon is readying his revenge, Vanity Fair reports. He has set his sights on all the Jews currently serving in the White House, starting with Jared Kushner. Bannon is an infamous anti-semite.
- Trump nominee Sam Clovis said that “as far as we know” homosexuality is a choice and “logical” LGBT protections could lead to legalization of pedophilia, CNN reports. Sam Clovis looks exactly how you imagine a person named “Sam Clovis” that Trump would ask to be in his administration would look – 45% bigot, 45% gourd, 10% pork byproduct.
- One of the lobbyists at the center of the Mueller investigation has a vast web of Russian connections, The New York Times reports. Mueller is continuing to investigate, and his efforts continue to yield substantial revelations.
- The Senate Safety Turtle and Trump-enabler supreme, Mitch McConnell has defended the American free press by saying that “most news is not fake”, The Hill reports. This in contrast to Trump asserting that all news unfavorable to him is “fake news”.
- Trump looked at the solar eclipse without glasses on, Business Insider reports. Trump went on to claim that the “sun is equally responsible for covering the moon” and that there are eclipses on “many sides…many sides.”
- With or without Bannon, Trump is about to get much, much worse, The Washington Post reports.
- Trump’s proposed tax cuts will hurt many households, The Tax Policy Center says in a full report. The administration is seeking to pass the cost for current tax cuts down to future generations.
- Trump’s new Chief of Staff John Kelly is still unable to manage Trump himself, HuffPost reports. Kelly already has perfected the thousand-yard stare when listening to Trump going off the rails.
- To the victor go the spoils, and Trump is looking at Afghanistan’s mineral wealth to foot the bill for reconstruction in the country, Reuters reports. Trump argued with advisers that America should demand a share of the mineral wealth.