Trump Damage Report – 9/28/2017
Trumpcare lies, Russia continues cyberwar against America, estate tax pants on fire, paying to evacuate, refugees unwelcome, saturation of fake news in swing states, Jones Act lifted, and the socipathic admissions of a blood-obsessed monster. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, September 28th, 2017.
- Trump wrongly blamed “hospitalized” Senator for the collapse of Trumpcare in Congress, PolitiFact reports. Facts do not matter to Trumpster.
- A fake Antifa account was just busted for tweeting from Russia, Vice reports. Russia is still engaging in an active war in cyberspace against America, and they continue to win.
- Trump’s claim about the estate tax repeal protecting millions of small businesses and the American farmer is rated “Pants on Fire” lie by PolitiFact.
- The Trump administration is requiring anyone evacuating the humanitarian disaster in Puerto Rico to pay their own airfare, The Hill reports. Trump infamously stuck Puerto Rico with a $33 million dollar debt that he didn’t pay, and is now expecting residents to shell out for the ability to escape.
- Meanwhile, Mark Cuban and Pitbull have donated their private planes to help ferry evacuees, MarketWatch reports.
- Trump, who claims he is a Christian, is dropping the refugee cap to 45k, the lowest in years, NPR reports.
- Fake news from Russia saturated the states where Trump won by tiny margins, Mother Jones reports. The Trump administration has not bothered to go after the cyberwarfare agents of Russia who helped put him in power.
- More than half of all Americans are embarrassed by Trump, Vice reports. 51% find that they are shamed by how he is “running” the country. The others are not paying any attention to news of what he is doing or saying.
- Trump’s administration issued a temporary waiver of the Jones Act after succumbing to intense pressure to allow ships to deliver aid to Puerto Rico, The New York Times reports.
- George Stephanopoulos forces Trump’s economic adviser to admit Trump is lying about tax cuts for the middle-class, Shareblue reports. In other news, Republicans pretended that the tax cuts would cut the deficit by $1 trillion dollars, through a dubious inclusion of imaginary math, wishes, and angel farts.
- The Trump tax plan benefits the wealthy, including Trump, The New York Times reports. It’s pretty straightforward as a massive, deficit-exploding tax cut for the hyper-wealthy. Have you noticed they don’t use the term “job creators” anymore? That’s because the myth has been debunked. The number of jobs don’t increase with reductions in taxes on the wealthy – they actually drop. The amount of horded wealth, however, does increase. For evidence of this in practice, please see the state of Kansas.
- Now that Trumpcare is dead, Lindsey Graham admits that he has no idea what he was doing, The Intercept reports. We could tell, we read what parts of the bill did. And it would have killed a whole bunch of people.
- Trump once turned away in disgust while an elderly man was bleeding to death in front of him, The Daily Beast reports. These are Trump’s words, not ours. Trump doesn’t like blood – and he was obsessed with how messy things were getting when the 80 year old man fell off the stage and was bleeding to death on the ground. He was not concerned for the man. You should read Trump’s account of the event, to get a true feel for what an actual sociopath the man is.