Trump Damage Report – 9/30/2017
Trump kids taxpayer funded ski vacation, pharma gouging, North Korea channels, a new low on Puerto Rico, aristocrat tax break, deficit hypocrisy, Price is voted off the island, “poor leadership” from a golf course, Alfa Bank appointee, and Canadian concerns over American slave labor. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Saturday, September 30th, 2017.
- The Trump kids ski vacation cost the taxpayers nearly a third of a million dollars in security costs alone, CBS News reports. Trump is consistently making America pay again, and again. At one point, the entire conservative blogosphere flipped their collective lids over how much they thought Obama was spending in India (he wasn’t), and yet they are utterly silent on Trump’s lavish expenses on our dime.
- Trump is delaying a rule to punish drugmaker for price gouging, breaking a key campaign pledge, Mic reports.
- The US is in direct communication with North Korea, Secretary of the Hollow State Rex Tillerson says, The New York Times reports. One can only hope that this will result in no impending nuclear war, but really can’t be sure of this.
- Trump has reached a new low, The Atlantic reports. He attacked the Mayor of San Juan, who recently begged for her life and the lives of her people. She begged anyone capable of listening. For their lives.
- Trump’s tax plan repeals the estate tax on aristocrats, which consists of 11,000 people in America and constitutes roughly $20 billion dollars, The Washington Post reports.
- The Trump tax plan increases the national deficit by trillions of dollars, NPR reports. It increases the incomes of those in the upper 1% of income earners significantly.
- Trump’s tax plan also actually increases the tax rate on the poorest in America, Business Insider reports. The bottom tax bracket increases to 12% from 10%.
- Trump’s Secretary of Health and Human Services, Tom “I buy biomedical stock I immediately vote to deregulate” Price has quit after the private plane scandal, BBC News reports. He lasted 8 months. Trump’s administration has the highest rate of turnover for cabinet appointees ever.
- Trump is criticizing the leaders of Puerto Rico for “poor leadership”, The Independent reports. He tweeted from a golf course about San Juan Mayor Yulin Cruz.
- On Puerto Rico, Trump says “They want everything to be done for them”, in a series of tweets loaded with racist dog whistles, Politico reports. Maria and Puerto Rico is widely beginning to be seen as Trump’s Katrina.
- The Mayor of San Juan responded to Trump, saying that she wasn’t being nasty, but rather “I was asking for help.”, HuffPost reports.
- Canada is worried about doing business with the United States under Trump, mostly about the anti-union right-to-work laws, Slate reports. Apparently they are worried about poorly paid Americans undercutting organized, union-employed Canadian labor on wages and product dumping.
- The Judiciary Committee Republicans have approved the Russia-tied Trump pick for the Department of Justice Crime Chief, Courthouse News reports. Brian Benczkowski represented Alfa Bank, the Russian bank whose servers in Trump Tower were sending unusual communications to Russia.
- Retired General Honore said of Puerto Rico: “The mayor’s living on a cot, and I hope the President has a good day at golf.” CNN reports.